The beauty pageant evening gown walk is something that isn’t practiced as much as it should be. If you want to stand out from your competition, this is a great place to do so.
Pageant Evening Gown Tips
- Walk with one foot in front of the other as if on a tight rope
- Practice smiling while you are walking
- Practice in your heels and dress
- Keep your shoulders back and your head up while walking
- Take your time posing while at the end of the runway
- Do a full turn at the midpoint
- Add dramatic flare when you leave the front of the runway
- The walk back is important so don’t lose focus
- Walk with confidence because you are prepared
- Have fun and don’t forget to enjoy your moment
For a demonstration from our models of all the tips you can watch the video below.
We have tips for all types of modeling, including posing and fashion modeling. If this is your first pageant you may also want to check out our other beauty pageant walk tips.
When you find yourself struggling with your runway turns, check out our tutorial on how to do runway turns like a model.
If you are interested in seeing what opportunities there might be for you at NGM Modeling please go to our apply page.
Beauty pageants should be fun, but you also want to do your best. So many contestants will overlook the evening gown portion of the contest because they are focus on the swimsuit or talent portions. Having a strong evening gown walk will help the judges remember you after you leave, and that is most of the battle in scoring well during a pageant.
We hope you have a great time and score well and that your first pageant is an amazing success!